Where do I study
In the workplace
Length of the qualification
The qualification can usually be completed in 5 months
This qualification will:
• focus on the study of mental health and mental well-being to support different occupational areas
• offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge and understanding. The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to understand:
• mental health legislation, services and public attitudes and how these have evolved
• how to support mental well-being through various stages of life
• mental ill health, treatment options available and the potential consequences of mental ill health
• the skills required to work in a mental health service.
What will I learn:
- Unit 01 Understanding the context of mental health and wellbeing
- Unit 02 Promotion of mental health and wellbeing
- Unit 03 Mental health problems: associated issues and consequences
- Unit 04 Understanding mental ill health
- Unit 05 Working in mental health.
What does the course lead to:
Successful completion of this qualification will support progression into relevant employment within the health and social care sector.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 3 Award in Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
• Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
• Level 3 Certificate in Working in the Health Sector.
How will I be assessed:
To achieve the Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes of the units as detailed in the qualification specification. The Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health is internally assessed
Need to know more?
Apprenticeship & NVQ’s you might be interested in
Course overview: This qualification aims to upskill the workforce in stroke care to improve services and meet
Course overview: The objectives of this qualification are to gain knowledge and understanding of diabetes,
Course overview: This qualification aims to raise awareness of mental health and a range of mental health
Understand responsibilities within a health and social care context and the procedures they should follow when handling