Where do I study
In the workplace
Length of the qualification
The qualification can usually be completed in 3 months
The objectives of this qualification are to gain knowledge and understanding of diabetes, including:
• the types, causes, signs and symptoms of diabetes
• anatomy and physiology
• the impact of diabetes on individuals, others and society
• the treatment and management of diabetes
• common complications of diabetes.
What will I learn:
To be awarded the Level 3 Certificate in understanding the care and management of diabetes, learners are required to successfully complete 4 mandatory units.
Unit 01: Understand diabetes
Unit 02: Diabetes in context
Unit 03: Understand the treatment and management of diabetes
Unit 04: Understand the complications of diabetes
What does the course lead to:
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
• Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support Services
• Level 3 Diploma in Clinical Healthcare Support
• Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care.
How will I be assessed:
It will be assessed by your Tutor or Assessor using a portfolio of evidence. This is a knowledge only qualification.
Need to know more?
Apprenticeship & NVQ’s you might be interested in
Understand responsibilities within a health and social care context and the procedures they should follow when handling