When is it?
- 19June 2019
- 05November 2019
- 13February 2020
What will I learn?
- Explain what challenging behaviour looks like
- Identify the main causes of challenging behaviour
- Implement strategies to cope with challenging behaviours
- Confidently try new approaches when working with people resisting change
- Recognise their own feelings and the feelings of others when addressing challenging behaviours
- Devise your own Personal Action Plan
Where is it?Hospice in The Weald
Change can be unsettling and cause anxiety that manifests itself as challenging behaviour. Here, you will learn to recognise and understand habitual behaviour patterns, and gain the confidence to try new approaches when dealing with people who are resistant to change. As well as defining what constitutes challenging behaviour in a work setting, this interactive session, with opportunities for group discussion and activities, will shine a light on the different kinds of interventions available, the positive results you can achieve and the risks you might be exposed to, as well as advising on ways to stay safe and the procedures for reporting incidents.
Who is this course for?
Health and social care professionals, and support and care workers from all settings, who need to deal effectively with challenging behaviour.
The full cost will be charged for cancellations with less than two week’s notice.
Please keep in mind that if you can not attend the session you booked you can re-book your place, without being charged, for the next available session by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org