Type of qualification / course
Where do I study
In a classroom setting
Length of the qualification or short course
4 days over 4 months
Well-led is a national leadership development programme for managers of adult social care services working in the private, public or third sectors. The programme is grounded in the reality of social care delivery and has been developed in partnership with registered managers familiar with the day-to-day challenges of leading a care team.
The Well-led programme is delivered over four learning and development modules and supported by a resource pack of key learning materials and practical tasks which can be used to cascade and embed back into the workplace.
Real-life examples from managers of organisations rated ‘good’ and ‘outstanding’ are used to show what is needed to achieve and sustain high standards to deliver high-quality, person-centred care. The programme will support learners to gain a very clear understanding of what well-led looks like and find solutions to improve the quality of care.
The programme is underpinned by models of leadership that can be practically applied to deliver change and secure a well-led future.
What will I learn
The Well-led programme will support learners to:
- understand how leadership strategies and techniques can be used to transform services and improve the quality of care
- enhance leadership skills to become a more effective leader.
- gain improved confidence to lead services in an increasingly complex and challenging sector
- develop clear goals to improve personal leadership effectiveness
- learn from others and share experiences and ideas with peers to develop a strong support network.
What does the course lead to
On completion of the programme, we aim for learners to leave empowered, confident and well-equipped to effectively lead a workforce with the right values to provide high quality person-centred care.
How will I be assessed
Through classroom tasks and assignments